Monday, August 9, 2010

Tired!




Who knew taking care of a baby could be so exhausting! I thought having a few days off from work would give me time to get into a good routine, and get the house in order before going back, but with the baby waking every few hours to eat or be changed, I could barely keep my eyes open. One night I even passed out in front of the sink (which had sprung a leak once again!). Finally Christopher started sleeping through the night, right before I went back to work. I am glad that Ian's and my schedules allow for one of us to always be home with him, I couldn't stand the thought of hiring a babysitter to watch him while I went back to work. I've been toying with the idea of quitting anyway.

Speaking of Ian, he had a great opportunity recently. He was asked to bring his latest book to France to be archived in the Literary guild there. I wish we could have afforded for both of us to go, I would have been so proud to see him give his speech, but I didn't feel comfortable taking the baby on the plane anyway. He had a great time. He even got to do some exploring for a local merchant, and pretty much recouped the price of the trip with the gems and precious metals he found.

Before we knew it, it was Christopher's birthday! The time really has flown by. We invited a few friends over for the party, and everyone had a great time. Christopher didn't seem to know exactly what was going on, but that was ok. He looked so cute blowing out the candles though (with a little help from mom).

Christopher is such a smart boy, he loves to sit all day and play with his xylophone and logic blocks. Maybe he'll be a scientist when he grows up, or a musician. Either one is fine as long as he is happy.
Ian and I bought a new bed, and it had done wonders for our tiredness. We even managed to have an at home "date night" the other day. It was the first time since the baby was born that we weren't both falling asleep on our feet at the end of the day. It was a "fruitful" date night too.... I'm pregnant again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment