Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time flies...




There's my family. I can't help but think the kids are growing up too fast. It seems like the twin's childhood went by in the blink of an eye. One day they were playing tag in the back yard, and the next they were asking for money to go shopping downtown. They have such different personalities. Catrina already knows what she wants to do with her life, she wants to be an Astronaut. I must say I'm a bit leery of her going into space, is that even safe? But she has her heart set on it, so all I can do is support her. Leanna on the other hand, doesn't seem to want to do anything but party all the time. I'm amazed she's been able to keep her grades up with the lack of focus she has. Both of the girls got jobs at the Spa after school. I thought it would be good for them to have some responsibility.

Besides, feeding 4 teenagers on a regular basis has put a bit of a dent in my wallet. A lot of what we eat comes from the garden, but still, it seems someone is always hungry around here. The house is feeling a bit cramped when everyone is home too. I prefer a quiet house, but I only seem to get that when everyone is at school. Business at the Bistro is booming, thankfully so my income is stable. But even there I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the amount of people around. Often I just want to sit in my room for hours and chill out. Delores has been pushing me to do upgrades on all the electronics in the house. I told her I was more than willing to buy her new things, but she said that wasn't neccessary, that I could just do upgrades and make them better than new. I thought I caught her trying to turn the power back on when I was working on the trash compactor, but she said I was being silly.

Brandon is more and more like my brother Devlin everyday. He has decided to follow in his footsteps and become an Illustrious author. He spends all his free time working on beautiful paintings and tear-wrenching dramatic novels. I worry that he isn't getting out enough. How is he supposed to make friends if he is always stuck behind a computer or in front of an easel? He's never going to find a a spouse that way, is he?





Russ recently graduated from High School and got his first real job. He started out as a Test Subject at the Science Lab, but it wasn't long before he was promoted to Lab assistant. I dream of him becoming a real scientist, I'm sure it won't be long. He is so driven in developing his skills.







Consequently the garden has never looked better. We decided to move it to the side yard so there would be more room. He really made it look beautiful, and such variety I've never seen. Devlin visited France on a school trip and brought him back some foreign fruits, pomelos and plums, and a few varieties of grapes. He's been asking for someone to bring him some cherries from China.

Delores has been hinting that she would love to go fishing there herself. She wants to see if she can catch the mythical Dragon fish that is rumored to live there. I told her I don't think it really exists, but she insists that it does. I think I'll surprise them both by taking her for a trip around our birthdays.





My birthday kind of snuck up on me. Delores apologized for not throwing a party. She said she didn't think I'd still be around this long. I'm not sure what she meant by that. I had my family around though, that's all I really needed. So much love. Now off to China with my beloved bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment