Saturday, August 28, 2010

Delores and I spent much of our trip to China apart. She was determined to catch the illusive Dragon fish. I wasn't convinced that they existed but let her have her fun. Turns out they do exist. She even caught enough to stock the pond at home and start a breeding program. I spent much of my vacation running around looking for precious metals and gems for the merchants who were building a mini first emperor exhibit. It seemed like a strange undertaking to me, but they paid well, and I got to see much of the landscape so who was I to judge.


Back home Russ was busily perfecting the garden in the new location. I'm hoping to take some outstanding pomegranates to work, but so far the best we can grow is excellent quality. I did make some money from some Renoit grapes that we grew. The theater group in town wanted them to try their hand at nectar making. I hear it turned out rather well. Delores was happy with the extra income. It helped to fund her birthday party.





Leanna and Russ have both started learning the guitar. Russ just uses it to relax after work, when he doesn't have the energy for his martial arts practice. Leanna however thinks she wants to make a career out of music and art. It doesn't sound very lucrative to me, but fortunately I have provided a lifestyle in which she doesn't have to make the lucrative choice. I am blessed to be able to give my children the freedom to follow their dreams.




Russ has been trying to find the right girl. So far he has found it hard to make a meaningful connection with anyone. I keep telling him that the right one will come along, but with his busy work schedule and gardening he's finding it hard to really make the time to pursue a relationship. I am hoping to see my grandkids before it is too late, so I continue to encourage him to get out more. I told him I would gladly take care of the garden so he wouldn't have that to worry with. Mother would be so proud to see what we have done with her meager start at nutritional independence.


Leanna planned a great party for Delores's birthday. Unfortunately it fell on a day I had to work at the Bistro. I told Delores I could take the day off but she insisted it was more important for me to go to work. That people were depending on me to be there. I hurried home after work but only arrived as Leanna was cleaning up the aftermath of the party. They did save me a piece of cake. It was store-bought but still very good.





No comments:

Post a Comment