Thursday, August 19, 2010

I finished my trip in France and came home to minor fame at school. I made a lot of friends, too many to be honest. I'd rather just stick to my own company thank you. I did meet a girl, more about that later.
Dad hasn't dealt well with Mother's death. He spends a lot of time mourning her. So much that her ghost sticks around in the morning to let him know things will be ok. I even caught him giving her ghost a kiss the other morning. I'm not sure if that's weird or sweet, but it seemed to help him.

Back to the girl, we met at school like I said, and then I invited her to my birthday celebration at the park. I wouldn't call it a party really. I was going to try and impress her with my fish and chips, but I wasn't used to the grill at the park, and ended up charbroiling everything. Devlin and his friend came too, but it wasn't a great party. I did get to talk to Delores however. I asked if she was single and she is! We talked well in to the night (it's nice not to have a curfew anymore!). Eventually I had to go but we said we'd talk again another time.

Dad went back to France on assignment. I'm sure it was bittersweet for him. He said he couldn't bring himself to stay at the base camp they had stayed at together, so he camped out by the lake and fished, and ate his meals at the cafe, while he worked on a book. I think he might have snuck into someone's house to bathe, though he didn't say.
He was more himself when he came home though, so that's good. He got another promotion at work, he's now the editor-in-chief! Only one more promotion to go before he is the Star news anchor. I hope he gets it, it's so fulfilling to see your parents reach their dreams.
I told Devlin that he should probably quit his part time job. He wants to be a writer and a painter. Neither of which is he learning by bagging groceries. Between Dad's and my income we can manage things around here. Besides he already has some royalty checks coming in so that should suffice. He wasn't sure about it, but went ahead and quit. The next day he was moaning about wanting a part time job again though. He'll get over it once he gets immersed in another book.









I ran into Delores again one night after work. she was lounging by the pool, and we talked for a long time. And then I bit the bullet and kissed her! I knew right then that I wanted her to be my wife, so I proposed to her, and we said our vows to one another on the spot! My parents had
done the same thing which is what gave me the idea. No point in giving her time to change her mind after all.

It's been blissful so far, she is learning to play the guitar, and cook and garden. With my work schedule the extra help is great. Not sure how long it will last, however, because last night she announced to me that I'm gonna be a Dad! I'm scared and excited and anxious all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment