Saturday, August 21, 2010

Our second child came again in the middle of the night. It seems to be a trend with us. Delores had spent all day at the spa. I don't know what they did for her there, but I do know that they hurt my wallet. Delores assured me everything was ok, but she seemed in such agony that I rushed her to the hospital anyway.



I barely got the car parked before she had delivered Brandon and was ready to go home. I
guess she was right, everything was going fine. I couldn't risk the safety of my child and wife though, So I have no regrets.


Delores has taken much better to parenting than I had hoped. She loves to get down on the floor and play with Russ. She's done a great job of teaching him to walk and talk and read. She has recently taken up an interest in fitness. She's become an avid jogger. I admire her ambition but I think I'd rather watch a healthy cooking show on the TV.


It seemed like the blink of an eye before Brandon was all grown up. Delores wanted to continue using the rickety old metal crib my parents had bought when they couldn't afford better, but I put my foot down. It's just not safe for a toddler. Besides, having matching cribs looks much better in the nursery.








In anticipation of Russ and eventually Brandon needing real beds, I moved mine and Devlin's beds out of the attic and set up the second upstairs room for the boys. I let them pick the colors, which turned out alright. Delores was appalled at the money I spent, she only seems happy when money is being spent on her.

Devlin took another trip to Egypt. He said it was to research a book he was writing, but I found
this picture of a shopkeeper. I wondered if perhaps he had found a new love interest. It wasn't to be however.

Delores invited Lawanda to a party she threw and that seemed to be all the motivation Devlin needed to make his move again. I don't know what he sees in the girl. She came to the dinner party in a bikini! Insane or not though, she is great with the kids, and she makes Devlin happy so I'm happy for the both of them. I think they may be looking for their own place soon. I told him we could build on to this place, but he thought it best to start fresh. Lawanda said they'd stay until the new babies are a little older, she loves being around them.


Oh, did I forget to mention them? Delores blessed us with a set of girl twins! Catrina and Leanna. She didn't even wake me up when she went into labor. I had no idea she was having twins! She said she didn't either. The nursery is a little crowded right now,but all the children are heavy sleepers. I couldn't be a prouder daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment