Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I was hoping that we would have moved Christopher to a big boy bed before the baby came, but it was not to be, he just wouldn't stay in it. So when the baby came I quickly called for a temporary bed to put in Christopher's new room. I did end up having this baby at home and all in all I think I prefer it that way. I didn't even wake Ian up, because I knew he had to work the next day. Christopher was playing quietly in our bedroom when Devlin appeared. I have to say I was kind of hoping for a girl, but it was not to be. Not that I don't love him just the same of course. I do think this is my last baby, I was so tired afterwards, I could hardly stand it. I'm getting old, I can feel it in my tired old bones.

Ian has been a great help with the boys while I recuperated. I feel kind of guilty sleeping during the day while he goes to work. I know he hasn't been able to get all the interviews and reviews that he needed to do because he was helping out at home. My boss has been great, giving me time off WITH pay. I'll probably have forgotten all the recipes by the time I go back to work, my mind has been so scattered.


Shortly after Devlin was born it was Christopher's birthday again. Ian had just received a promotion, and with the baby, we thought it would be great to throw a big party. We had it outside, with a catering table and music. I got caught up making sure the boys were taken care of though and didn't get to talk to everyone that I wanted to. I guess it will be my birthday next. I can't really say I'm looking forward to it. I've not done everything I wanted to do. Maybe I'll go ahead and retire from work and focus on the recipe library I wanted to leave for future generations. That and my garden should keep me busy into my senior years.

No comments:

Post a Comment