Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A spark of romance?

I met a man today. His name is Gus Hart and he works at the grocery store. He was just finishing up a delivery and cutting through the park when I first saw him on my way to the library after work. I followed him into a door, not realizing that it was the men's room! I was horrified, but he was kind and we laughed about it. He is very easy to talk to. After a little while, however, we said our goodbyes, because we were both so tired.




The next day I called him after work to see if he wanted to grab a bite to eat. My boss has been at me to bring in my friends and eat at the diner. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I not only didn't have any friends, but I could barely afford the prices that the diner charges! I did want to see Gus again though, so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone, as the saying goes. I do wish I had thought to change out of my work clothes before Gus arrived. At this rate he's going to think it's the only bit of clothing I own. We had a very nice dinner, but by the end I was yawning so badly I don't think I even managed to get out a goodbye before jumping in the taxi to go home. I barely made it into the house to bed, I did consider curling up under the newly grown apple tree, but I resisted.



I have made one additional purchase. A tree light. I just couldn't resist it, it's so earthy and inviting. I think I may make it the centerpiece of my arboretum...whenever I get that built. No more purchase though, until I can get my initial building completed. The lack of flooring is starting to really get on my nerves.


I have found the most cost effective way to cook food is to fix enough for a few days at a time and eat off the leftovers. Although, since so far it has only been me eating my cooking, some of it might go bad, it's still less expensive than cooking one meal at a time.

My boss was really pleased with the fact that I brought Gus in to eat. He must have given me a good referral after I left, because at the end of my next shift he informed me that he was promoting me to Vegetable Slicer! I got a bonus and a raise. The hours still kinda suck but I'm that much closer to being a line cook. AND that much closer to starting my dream home.

I did have enough money to have the foundation poured. The contractor said that the outside walls alone would cost $2,500! Thats a lot of vegetable slicing and computer hacking. I think I will spending many a nights at the library computer.


I was able to afford a couple of walls now though, and decided to go ahead and put up a bathroom, and move my furniture onto the foundation. How better to decide how to layout the house, than to go ahead and move in before putting up the walls? The bathroom is small but serviceable for the moment. And I don't mind sleeping under the stars for a few nights, although I think I'll have to be more diligent about making my bed now.

I spent the next day harvesting my garden before going to work. I didn't have time to run by the gym for a shower before work. I hope I don't run into anyone. I thought I might see if there is a trainer available at the gym after work. It wouldn't hurt to try to get into shape, right? Well actually I guess it could hurt come to think of it. Maybe just a little light swimming instead...on my next day off...maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment