Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

I started the day with my favorite pancakes and then off to the gym for a nice long shower. I had hoped to run into Ian there, the guy I met the other day, but I did not see him. Since today was my day however, I decided to give him a call. There's no time in life to wait for a guy to call you anymore. While we were talking I suggested we go for a swim at the gym together. That's when I found out that he's afraid of water, which might explain his lack of hygiene as well. Not to be daunted in my attempts to have a friend with me on my birthday however, I invited him for a stroll in the park instead.

We then spent some time chasing butterflies together, before sitting down to a picnic. We talked about everything, from what we were wearing to our favorite tv shows.










And then I announced it was my birthday. This was over heard by the people around us, and they all joined in wishing me a happy birthday! After all that celebrating it was getting late, but I wasn't ready for it to end just yet. I really wanted to get to know Ian better, so I invited him back to my place. Ok, I know, my place is hardly hospitable, but it's my birthday afterall! He said he loved the view I had, and all the land. He was polite enough not to mention the gap in my walls. We had a lovely autumn salad from my garden and sat and talked for a long time. In fact we talked all night. As the sun was coming up, I felt encouraged enough to reveal my attraction for him. He said he felt the same way and we had our first kiss!

It must have been more powerful than I ever imagined it could be, because right after that Ian passed out on the kitchen floor! I didn't have the heart to wake him, so I let him sleep there and went to bed myself to dream of what might come next. When I awoke later that day, Ian was gone. He didn't leave a note or anything. I hope he wasn't too embarrassed.


My first full day as a bonifide adult. I was so tired when it was time to start getting ready for work I almost thought about calling in sick. But I really do love my job, even when it is more stressful than I would like. I had my breakfast and got ready for the day, then decided to give Ian a quick call to make sure everythign was still okay between us. The blasted toilet clogged up again. I cannot wait until I can afford to have nicer things. One of these days.

I sighed as I walked to my garden before the carpool arrived. It was begging for my attention. There just are not enough hours in the day. I did as much as I could before I had to leave for work. I still held hope that one day the garden would be able to support me and I wouldn't need to work such long hours. The day went by so slowly, and I made it home just in time to fall over asleep in my own bed. The money I made today was just enough to finish construction of my walla though. Yipee! I am in full possession of a real house! Now I just need to make it a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment