Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I guess I was a bit of mess when Monique went into labor.



I was too nervous to drive us to the hospital even, so she drove us herself.


I couldn't even bring myself to go into the hospital, I was afraid something would go wrong if I did. Instead I stayed outside and waited with other expectant family members. My heart leaped when my beautiful wife appeared with our beautiful baby boy.
Monique is a wonderful mother. She fairly dotes on the child. He has become her whole world. Well almost her whole world. The same day Milo learned to walk, we found out that we were expecting our second child! I hope I can keep my cool a bit better this time.

The rest of the family is doing well. Brandon's writing has skyrocketed him into the world of literature. His editor is a bit irritated that he is such a recluse and won't come out to meet his adoring public. He seems happy enough as he is though, so I don't push him. Catrina is solely focused on her career. Mother has been pushing for her to get married, but she's shown no interest in anyone. Leanna on the other hand shows interest in everyone, but no one in particular. I thought she might fall for Darren Wyrick next door, but it didn't seem to work out. He's a bit too old for her anyway. She still enjoys spending all her time painting or playing her guitar around town for tips. As a family we've reached a point that none of us would have to work, so it's nice that she can follow her dreams instead. I guess we all can. I can only hope that we have made life secure enough that future generations can do the same. 


Mother passed over. She was out at her pond, fishing, when it happened. Would that we all go doing something we love. She lived a good long life, 102 when she left us. I still catch glimpses of her from time to time. We erected tombstones for her and Dad in the graveyard he had built when his parents passed. As much as I remember hearing her complain about it I can't help but wonder if she still feels the same now that she resides there. 
You will be missed Delores Winchell. 

I must go now, I think I hear my wife calling out for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment