Thursday, September 2, 2010


I figured it was time for a new family photo. We all miss Dad a lot, but I know he would want us to go on, and keep the blog alive. I'm Russ Winchell, the one in the suit and smashing lime shirt. Beside me is my lovely wife Monique. She's carrying our first born right now, I guess that's why she looks a little frumpy in the photo (Don't tell her I said that, though). On the other side is Mom. She's held up real well since Dad passed on. She does spend a lot of time by herself, fishing at various spots around town. She has also found new joy in cooking, now that Dad isn't around to show off his Culinary expertise.

The day I asked Monique to be my wife was the most glorious day ever. I wish it could have been somewhere fancier than the kitchen, but when the muse strikes, one must follow. At least I wasn't all singed from work. I work at the Science Lab, I run the place now, but sometimes experiments go awry and I come home looking a little worse for wear. Monique doesn't seem to mind. Isn't she great? We didn't waste any time getting started on our family, and it wasn't long before she was telling me that I was going to be a dad soon. There is so much to do. We don't have room for a baby. I wonder if Brandon or the girls, Catrina and Leanna, would consider moving out.
Nah, it's probably easier to just build on to the house. I'll have to talk to the architect about that. We could expand the upper floor easily enough I think. I think I might talk to him about a garage too. With so many adults in the house 3 cars hardly seems like enough. And around the meditation circle I could add a Dojo. I wonder how much the architect knows about Chinese architecture.

Leanna had an amazing opportunity to go play her music in Egypt. She didn't get to travel in high school like Brandon and I did, so this was a great experience for her.She said she also did some exploring while she was there and found enough trinkets and a few really classy vases to pay for the trip and add to the family treasure trove. Such a fine legacy I have to leave to my children. There can always be more though.

Catrina was sent to China by the Military to learn more about Martial arts. She is in great shape these days. I can barely remember the pudgy little teenager I used to make fun of. She is well on her way to becoming an astronaut. I just hate that she has to leave so early in the morning, and she always comes home exhausted.

Brandon has become a premiere author and illustrator. He's been asked to paint pictures for the Bistro and even has one displayed in the Art Museum. His books sell like hot cakes. I am so proud of him. Mom is always complaining about all the art all over the house. For some reason she just can't stand it. Between Brandon and Leanna painting all the time and now Monique learning to paint too, I think it's no wonder Mom spends most of her time at the pond or across the street at the park fishing.



Looks like I'll have to cut this short, I think Monique is going into labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment